Monday, March 24, 2014

Home Decor Trends 2014

I’ve had a taste of spring weather and now my creative ideas are flowing. I want to get outside and plant and BBQ. Since the weather has decided to cool down I decided maybe it’s time to add some new color and redecorate. It won’t be long before I’m outside and the thought of staying inside is non-existent.

After doing some research I’ve discovered the new trend in colors for home interiors is grays and blues. Another favorite is bold colors of purple and green. The rich color of the purple would look wonderful in a living room. One thing I do know is whatever color you decide to choose, it will most likely be there for the next 5 years. Therefore, choose a color that you can grow with for the next few years. If you choose a neutral color for your walls you can accent the bold colors in your furniture and wall hangings. Suede and Corduroy are the textures of this season combined with bold patterns that don’t necessarily match.

Are looking to change the style of your room and don't want to take on the task of painting? Consider changing the accent pieces in your room. The trends for 2014 are an eclectic style. You can color outside the box with your style. No longer having to choose between traditional or contemporary. While spring-cleaning, don’t throw out mementos. Choose photos, artwork and personal objects to add personal touches to your space. Combining theses items on your wall to create a personal statement.

If you are going to be choosing new furniture choose light toned wood. These lighter woods combined with the design styles and will bring a light feeling to your home interior. Finally, sheers are making a comeback to window coverings. The overall looks to rooms are bright and cheery. After doing all my research I’ve decided I really like the trends for this year and hope you enjoy them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment