Monday, July 11, 2011

My Kindred Spirit Sister

This past weekend my daughter and I took a 3 1/2 hour road trip to visit my best friend, sister in the faith, kindred spirit Cindy. It's been a year and a half since we have seen each other. While I am writing this it strikes me as sad how we can live so close, but see so little of one another. I can only blame it on that little saying "life happens".

Cindy is unable to drive to see us because of a degenerating eye disease that prevents her from driving in unfamiliar areas. My self, well as you all know we have been babysitting cattle and dogs for the last 1 1/2 years. It keeps us close to home because someone has to check on the herd daily. This weekend is proof that even with life's hectic schedules, you can make time for the little pleasures. It's a matter of "stopping to smell the roses". I'm guilty of rushing through life and not enjoying a few pleasures for myself, but after seeing the joy in my best friends face at our time together, I think I will be making more of an effort to visit.

The late night talks about our deepest thoughts, the laughter that leaves your cheeks hurting and being able to sit without talking, knowing what the other is thinking is priceless. Having my daughter there with us was an extra bonus. Cindy is like an aunt to her and a special friend to my daughter. The admiration they have for one another brings joy to my heart.

As I reflect on our friendship, I know our Heavenly Father had His hand in it. He created a friend for me that would love me despite my faults, that is able listen to my heart and not be afraid to tell me when I am wrong, who reminds me how much she loves me and shares my love for my family. I would pray that everyone could find their special kindred spirit to walk through life with. It's like the cherry on top of life's sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment