Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Inspiration


After viewing my daughters new background on her blog, I decided to change mine since it has been the same for a long time. After viewing hundreds of background choices, I've decided I am pretty boring. I searched "farm" and found my new background. With all this exciting new change, I needed to write a blog and update everyone on our lives.

Summer is always a busy time for me. Lots of gardens to weed and veggies to pick. Yesterday while weeding, I came to the conclusion weeding is like laundry.. it never is truly done. Our broccoli is doing well, I have harvested enough to put some in the freezer for the winter. I started getting green, jalapeno and cayenne peppers off the plants in the pots on the deck. I have harvested lettuce several times this summer also. I didn't get as many mulberries as I would have liked, but they are juiced and waiting to be made into jelly when I get a nice cool day (don't want to heat up the kitchen with this really HOT weather).

My side kick, Lauren, has been a tremendous help to me this summer. I'm not so sure I would have been able to keep up with everything. We have been cleaning, weeding, organizing and getting things ready to put our house on the market. I think next week will be our big garage sale (if weather permits).

On top of everything else, we have been babysitting cattle. This time of year the cattle are prone to getting pink eye from the tall grass irritating their eyes. So far we haven't had to call the vet, but we are having to check them more than normal. Spending time with the cows isn't such a bad thing. We are starting to get to know them and see more of each of their personalities. I'm seriously thinking we need to become vegans.

I've enjoyed this little break too much and need to get back to work. I'll try to remember to post more often. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment