Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Curios

While looking at curios for my daughter I remembered my first and only curio cabinet. I collected Precious Moments figurines when I was first married. I placed them here and there around the house. My husband and I were in our early twenties with a care free heart of a young person. My husband's hobby was RC airplanes. He would spend hundreds of dollars on one plane. Being young and in love, I would argue about the amount of money he would spend. I would simply take the babies and go revenge shopping. When the credit card bills began to pile up, we realized we had a problem. We decided we wouldn't be wasteful with our money. Instead of me buying senseless items, we bought me a curio cabinet to store all my Precious Moments. If I felt I needed to buy something, I would just add to my collection. Years later, I sold my collection for a pretty penny and sold the curio cabinet as well. With age came the wisdom, little knick knacks mean more dusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment