Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Winter Blahs


I know that come July and August I will be whining about how hot and humid it is outside. Dreading going out to pull weeds and mow the lawn. I keep trying to remind myself of this as I am freezing with this bitterly cold winter weather we are having in the mid west. Last snow fall we received 14-16 inches of snow in a 24 hour period. Last night we received 3-4 inches of snow. We have plowed, shoveled and scooped more snow then I can remember in such a short period of time.

I know there are those young at heart who are probably enjoying the snow days when the school is closed. There are those who enjoy a day playing in the snow and building snow forts and snowmen. Although, I would hate to take away from their fun, there are those of us who find it inconvenient. Putting layers of clothes on just to walk to the car or feed the chickens. Speaking of chickens, they are not enjoying this cold snowy weather either. Even the cats and dogs at my house are protesting this winter.

A cheer of jubilation will arise from our home when this winter is over and spring is upon us. We will all joyfully head outdoors to revel in the sunshine. Until then, I'll be bundled up writing my articles on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment