Sunday, January 23, 2011

Promoting Your Web Site


In the process of looking at creating a web site for my husbands business I have ran across some interesting information. As a blogger, one of the things I have learned is promoting your web site to attract more traffic is the most important tool. Having a great web site isn't enough if no one knows it's there. Using a site that has free link exchange creates more traffic for your web site.

When you build links to your site the opportunity for exposure greatly increases. It reminds me of exchanging business cards with someone. How many times have you placed your business card at another business location? When someone places your free link on their site, it's the same thing. With the the world wide web you have a larger exposure that will help you build your business.

1 comment:

  1. I really always turn down link exchange requests for my site because I feel like it's tacky and bad for SEO but some people say it's not... have you done more research ? Thanks, Amanda

    ReplyDelete