Sunday, January 30, 2011

Say No to Large Houses!


I spent the day with my daughter in law, daughter and her friend cleaning my father in laws house. My father in law lives in the same home my husband grew up in. It's a large home with 6 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 2 half baths with three levels to clean. This is one big house for a single man to clean on top of having his own business in his home. So us girls set out to deep clean while the men went hunting. Lets say after 5 hours of deep cleaning, we never got to the basement level. Only two levels clean! I thought with the four of us we would knock this house out in two hours, NOT.

While there, my mom and sister and her kids showed up to visit. My mom kept saying, wouldn't it be nice to have this much room to live in. I thought she had lost her mind. Sure it's nice to have the extra room when you have company come to stay, but who wants to clean it? As I grow older, I realize big houses are over rated. I am happy with our smaller ranch style home on a basement. On a bad day it would never take me 5 hours to deep clean the whole house and the basement. Why heck, I would have time to spare to weed a few gardens and mow the lawn. With less to clean there is more time for fun in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment