Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Harlem Globe Trotters


I think I have revealed that I am no spring chicken. In fact, I am not ashamed to let my readers know that I am 46 years old. Why am I sharing this information with you? I ran across an article online recently that was talking about the Harlem Globetrotters. I was stunned that they are still around. I know that the same players that were playing when I was a kid are not on the team, but the fact that the team still exist was amazing to me. At the same time, it wasn't. I can remember as a child my grandmother talking me to see the Harlem Globetrotters. To me they were the most amazing athletes in the world. That was over 35 years ago and they are still going strong. Out of curiosity, I went to their web site to find out where they are playing and get more information on the teams schedule. After the first of the year you can catch a game in Auburn Hills, MI at the Palace of Auburn Hills or the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN. If it is too cold in Michigan and Indiana for you this time of year they will be playing in Phoenix, AZ at the US Airways Center and Arco Arena in Sacramento, CA. For those of you on the east coast what better place to watch the amazing Harlem Globetrotters, but at the Madison Square Garden. No matter where you view the game, I am sure you will enjoy the game. Take a loved one and make memories. Trust me when I say, my grandmother made memories with me that I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...brings back memories...never saw them in person, but many times on tv when I was a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete