Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ezine Article

I have been writing my articles on "Parenting" on ezinearticles.com. I thought I would put on of these articles on this blog for you to see. If you would like to read more of my writings you can click on them from the side bar on the right. I look forward to hearing your input.




Quality Time With Your Child

When you have more then one child there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day. Finding time for each individual child is very important. This will help your child develop a special relationship with you as a parent. It also will create lasting memories for both you and your child. That doesn't mean it is not important to have family time. My motto is, a family that plays together stays together.

Setting up schedules or mommy or daddy time is the best way to remember these special times for your child. It can be as simple as a lunch date for the two of you or a date night out to dinner and a movie. When times were too hectic and our budget didn't allow for eating out, I would take only one child with me to the store. The time we had together was special and the child would get to pick out something for us to bake at home with the other children. If dad has to run errands, the child can go with him as a helper. Making the child feel special. The goal to your individual time is for you to listen to their heart. I found, as my children grew older, our alone time was when they would confide in me privately about things that were on their mind. I never had to ask them to share their heart I just listened.

your child is never too old to not have mom/dad time. Every child wants to feel important to its parents. If there are multiple children in the home, an older child may not be able to find the personal time to discuss with you private issues. Making that time available to them, without them asking for it, shows them you understand their needs.

If you find that you did not find time during the day to spend personal time with your child, do not panic. Tucking your child into bed and listening to their day will make a world of difference to your child. My parents had a half hour interval between each child. The youngest going to bed first and the oldest last. This would be a good situation if you wanted to spend quality time with each child. Remember, it isn't the quantity but the quality of time you spend with your children.

4 comments:

  1. You were right on saying, "A family that plays together, stays together". Loved the article. Maybe I will be just as a parent you mentioned when I have kids...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree that during the 24 hours there must be a certain time to spend with child ,wonderful writing dear take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear i have an award for you on my blog plz accept it god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its nice to know that you have published articles on Ezine. Many will recognize your talent. Lovely Blog post. Parenting is an important phase of a person's life.

    You've got a great blog here. I invite you to add in your blog to a Contest over at my Website.

    www.blogbear.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete