Thursday, January 21, 2010

How to Accompany on Piano


I have to admit I am musically illiterate. No kidding, I have tried to play several different instruments throughout my life, which usually ended in someone begging me to stop. My husband on the other hand has a natural talent and thankfully my children were blessed with his genes. The one instrument I have always wanted to be able to play is the piano. While I was online googling the other day I ran across a web site on how to accompany on the piano. I found it completely fascinating and thought I would share it with my blogging friends.

It is a series of 3 DVD course on how to accompany a singer on the piano. It teaches you how to break down a chord and make choral notes that are interesting. It also shows a variety of rhythm styles that can be introduced. It sounds like so much fun. This DVD set sounds like it would be a lot of fun to try out. I think after I accomplish Mary Had a Little Lamb, I might give this a try.