Monday, June 8, 2009

I am officially a mother in law


I have been on a sabbatical from the blog writing this past week, because I was busy preparing for my sons wedding. He was married yesterday in a wonderful and intimate wedding ceremony. As I woke this morning, I spent time reflecting on yesterday and how the day was blessed. Then is hit me......... I AM A MOTHER-IN=LAW!!!

Now for the past 45 years I have been a daughter, granddaughter, sister, aunt, friend, wife and mother, but now I can add mother-in-law to my titles. I was so excited, especially because my daughter in law is a sweet and amazing girl. Our family just loves her so much. So, as I end the day reflecting on my new role as mom-in-law, I pray that I can fulfill it with love and joy.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new family event! The fact that you are reflecting upon how to be a great mother-in-law already says you will be successful. I was blessed with a fabulous mother-in-law who was always in my corner and my best promoter. She too was a creative person, bursting with great ideas and imagination. She's up in Heaven now but her legacy lives on! Enjoy your new status!

    ReplyDelete