Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Irena Sendler

There are times in my life that I am completely at a loss for words. Why a woman like Irena can go unrecognized is beyond me. I received an email this afternoon with a video clip from a "Glen Beck" show. In this show he explains what Irena did in her life time.

This is from Wikepedia: Irena Sendler (in Polish also: Irena Sendlerowa; de domo Krzyżanowska; February 15, 1910May 12, 2008)[1] was a Polish Catholic social worker. During World War II, she was a member of the Polish Underground and the Żegota resistance organization in Warsaw. Sendler saved 2,500 Jewish children by smuggling them out of the Warsaw Ghetto, providing false documents and sheltering them in individual or group children's homes outside the ghetto.[2] Her story was brought to light when students from Kansas found her story in a magazine and popularized it in a play, titled "Life in a Jar."

This women was up a for a Noble Peace Prize, but yet she lost to Al Gore for Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. As you can imagine I was shocked. Al Gore did not risk his life to save 2,500 children. This whole global warming is a joke! As I try to wrap my brain around this, it seems I can not.


video

I am glad Glen Beck chose to recognize this woman. Maybe this will inspire you to lift your voice and let the world know we want people like Irena recognized, not the politicians of the world that are spinning their wheels and making a lot of noise and getting nothing accomplished.

Irena, I hope I can be half as brave as you and accomplish a tenth of what you accomplished in your life time.

2 comments:

  1. That really ticks me off, that something as trifle as "Global Warming" would win the Noble prize over Irena Sendler and her story.
    But that is an amazing story and I agree with you...I hope I can at least accomplish a tenth of what she did in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this woman until this blog. I am sharing this with everyone. Thank you so much for sharing this. She was a brave woman, and had a heart of compassion like that of our Savior. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete